[asterisk-dev] The fate of 16033

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Feb 17 19:10:28 CST 2010

On 100217 0051, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> I would have liked for someone to have added a quick note saying "thanks for contributing! You're on hold" so you know that the bug tracker is still alive...

I am rather with Russel on that point. Yes, the patch has been marked
ready for testing immediately, and I regard that as a confirmation. If
the report and the patch slipped through cracks in the attention field
after having been ACKed, then that's a real problem.

This is understandable, as the report inflow is huge. It would be
interesting to define a procedure of re-synching: if a bug not taken
care of in e. g. a month, how to "ping" to non-intrusively and without
any judgement of the report contents but call attention to it.

> On a side note - to catch attention from the right people you want to add proper information in the subject.
 > If you had said "SIP autocreatepeer issue #16033" I would have read
it earlier.

Thank you, advice appreciated. I have been asking how to get attention
of the "right people" like module maintainers etc. -- but got no answers
until your recommendation.

I'll prepare new patches against heads of 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 branches in a
day or two. There was a new function call added to destroy an iterator
between 1.6.1.6 and .12, and the current patch fails against 1.6.1.12
anyway.

> I don't think the autocreatepeer code has changed much in many, many years.

Does not look like it has been used much at all? What I am missing
somewhat there is kind of a peer "template" that would be applied to an
autocreated peer -- you can configure a manual one in a [section] of
sip.conf, but little can be configured in an automatic one.

Do you think such a feature could be of any interest to the community of
users? I have not taken a decision to implement it yet, but I'll put
that on the "pro" side of the balance.

  -kkm