[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Testing

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Feb 17 01:10:54 CST 2010

On 16:54, Tue 16 Feb 10, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Greetings,

ohai!

> On the continuous integration front, we have been using buildbot for a
> long time for doing compilation on various systems.  It's time that we
> extend our continuous integration approach to not only compile Asterisk,
> but also run regression tests.  After evaluating some different options,
> Bamboo has been installed and configured for our use.  So far, it is
> compiling all release branches of Asterisk.  For Asterisk trunk, it is
> running all of the unit tests after every change to the code.  The
> results of the tests are integrated into the application.
>
>     http://bamboo.asterisk.org/
>
> The only build slave right now is Linux.  This will be extended to other
> operating systems.  If you would be interested in providing a build
> slave and assisting with its maintenance, please talk to me.  We can
> configure up to 25 build slaves ("remote agents" in Bamboo terminology).

Nice. Looks good.
If you want I can provide OpenBSD 32 and 64 bits hosts for build slaves.
Probably others will be able to provide freebsd, but if needed I can
setup those as well.

> If you have commit access, you are strongly encouraged to sign up for an
> account on bamboo.asterisk.org and associate your account with your svn
> username.  That way, bamboo can notify you by email and/or jabber if
> there any problems associated with changes that you make.

Done!

> I am excited about what this effort can do for the quality of Asterisk
> in the long term, and I hope you are, too.  I look forward to your
> feedback on the approach as well as participation in the development of
> our testing infrastructure.

I'm as well! This is a good step.
I wonder what this is going to do for the codebase.

> Thanks,

Thank you for the time and all you put into this.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"