[asterisk-dev] SRTP and forcing encrypted calls

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Feb 10 13:07:16 CST 2010

Terry Wilson wrote:

> My proposal is to use a combination of dialplan functions and channel config options. For calls coming in to Asterisk, we will need to be able to reject calls during call setup, which means that we will be relying solely on the config options. For outgoing calls, a combination of config options and dialplan functions can be used with the dialplan functions taking priority.

That's not quite accurate; the dialplan can begin execution, inspect the
state of the world, then issue a Hangup (with a particular cause code)
without the call ever being answered. If you want to reject the call
before sending *any* other response, sure, that would require config
options, but it's perfectly reasonable for an incoming SIP INVITE to get
'100 Trying' and then later '488 Not Acceptable Here'.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com