[asterisk-dev] Dialplan oddities with recent Asterisk ?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Feb 10 03:38:52 CST 2010

Tilghman Lesher <tlesher at digium.com> writes:

> I hear what you're saying, but I don't think there's an "easy" way to do that
> without crippling a great many people's dialplans.

Well, the "easy" way would be if there was a special character which
repeated the previous pattern zero or more times. Like * in common
regular expressions.

The only people who would have their dial plan broken by that are people
who happen to use that particular character in an exten pattern today.
Depending on which character was picked, that is not necessarily a lot
of people.

Of course the non-easy part is actually implementing it.

/Benny