[asterisk-dev] core thread

Bhrugu Mehta bhrugumehta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:51:22 CST 2010

hi,

Actually you dont understand my question coze of inproper info.

I have already known that.

But when asterisk start ,ast_pbx_start () thread start, is it correct or else?
and i also know that channel driver thread handle specific chanel driver packet.
but when first sip/or other packet comes to asterisk which procedure
handle this packet and how, beacuse at this time channel driver doesnt
know packet type.
which specific portion of asterisk code handle this? and how?

thnks for your reply,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> ----- "Bhrugu Mehta" <bhrugumehta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> when ast_pbx_start()-dialplan thread and channel monitor thread start
>> ?
>
> The thread for ast_pbx_start() starts in ... ast_pbx_start().
>
> The channel driver monitor threads start in the channel driver.  Search for "pthread_create".
>
> Please do at least a little bit of looking before asking questions.
>
>> exten => _X.,1,Answer
>> exten => _X.,2,Hangup
>>
>> how asterisk thread(channel and dialplan) handle this dialplan?
>> pls give some detail about this.
>
> You have already been given multiple links to architecture overviews that cover this exact question.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant
> Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software
> www.digium.com -=- www.asterisk.org -=- blogs.asterisk.org
>
> --

Bhrugu Mehta
Sr. S/W Engineer (D&D)
VOIP,Telephony Team (Asterisk,zaptel etc.)
India