[asterisk-dev] Dialplan oddities with recent Asterisk ?

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Feb 9 12:00:55 CST 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 08:07:07 Jared Smith wrote:
> > I've noticed that incoming phone numbers in chan_sip.c are only
> > strdup'ed. Many years ago I wrote in my ISDN4BSD software, that people
> > that don't filter incoming digits should not program PBX software :-)
> > Does Asterisk have any filtering of the destination extension by default?
>
> I'm not sure of any it might have by default, but you can always do
> filtering in the dialplan with the FILTER() dialplan function before
> using ${EXTEN} variable.

I'll second this.  If you need to use the period or exclamation point in your
dialplan, chances are you're providing expensive services (international)
already, and you should be taking every measure to ensure that you aren't
charged incorrectly.  FILTER is an excellent tool for this.

--
Tilghman Lesher