[asterisk-dev] fallback to audio faxing when T.38 INVITE fail with 488/606 Not acceptable

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:24:43 CST 2010

> I do not understand why the hiQ rejects the normal INVITE. But if it works,
> why not.

because it's _not_ a normal INVITE. It is the fallback INVITE that need
silenceSupp:off. And in my test setup silenceSupp:off was not set into
the SDP, beacuse
i have used the internal_timing option in asterisk.conf

in chan_sip.c/add_sdp:

if (!p->owner || !ast_internal_timing_enabled(p->owner))
                       ast_str_append(&a_audio, 0, "a=silenceSupp:off

Again http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-realtimefax-01#section-6.2

"The terminating gateway SHOULD react by proposing a fallback to G.711
fax pass-through with special codec characteristics - -silence suppression OFF"

Kristijan