[asterisk-dev] fallback to audio faxing when T.38 INVITE fail with 488/606 Not acceptable

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 04:52:39 CST 2010

I was struggling to get the T.38 fallback working with a Siemens Media
Gateway hiQ 9200 (used by british telecom in germany)
and my fallback re-re-INVITE to PCMA always faild with a "500 Internal
Server Error" then i read again:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-realtimefax-01#section-6.2

An the i added hardcoded

silenceSupp:off - - - -

into the SDP in the fallback INVITE. Then it was working!

So i want to ask, if you agree than we need to add this in case of a
T.38 fallback INVITE? Then i can try to make a patch.

Kristijan