[asterisk-dev] SIP Peer option "ipaddr" What is its use?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Sun Feb 7 14:58:33 CST 2010

Hi everyone,

On my trip to FOSDEM, I've been analyzing the various config options
available in chan_sip. One of the options that can be set within a sip
peer is the parameter "ipaddr." This seems to function the same as if
you had set host=<some_ip_address>. Is there a reason for this option?
 From a cursory look, this appears to be a more restrictive version of
the "host" parameter. Unfortunately, an svn blame is not helpful for
finding this out since the parsing code for that option plus some others
around it were shuffled to fix a 100% CPU issue.

Mark Michelson