[asterisk-dev] IAX Voice Framing

Manivasagam Sivaraman smvasagam2000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:31:16 CST 2010

Gurus
I'm trying to pack 3 or 4 audio voice frames into one IAX audio packet and
send it out. The receiving end will also be the same asterisk that would
expect the 3 or 4 voice frame in one IAX audio packet. Before touching the
code I want to know if this is feasible. I'm new to asterisk and I want to
have a heads up before I begin. Please let me know if there will be some
risk involved in this. I see a function in frame.h that allows framing of
multiple voice frames in one RTP packet for instance in sip and h323
channels. However no such function is used in chan_iax2.c file. Could you
please expalin why ? Why iax channel is coded a bit different ?

Thanks
smv