[asterisk-dev] RTP streams suddenly stop

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Feb 4 12:15:56 CST 2010

Tony wrote:

> There is nothing in /var/log/asterisk/full at the times in question; it
> has no entries between 10:31:18 and 10:31:44. I can't see anything
> relevant in the rest of the system either.

> So, why would all RTP streams stop at once?

> The underlying OS is CentOS 4.7.

> Zaptel is 1.2.27 with ztdummy compiled with USE_RTC.

> The version of Asterisk is 1.2.32 with some custom modifications. The
> most relevant modification might be that I have added the internal
> timing feature from https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=5374
> However, I have included this in all systems for the last four years
> without any trouble till now.

> Some advice on this would be REALLY welcome, as I must fix it urgently.

Does this box have NTP running, and is it perhaps drifting out of sync then
being corrected by a large (relative) value?  I recall seeing a note either
on the issue track on SVN logs about a recent fix to make internal_timing
less sensitive to time changes.

I know I broke a box a couple years back by manually updating the time on
a box that had drifted a couple minutes out of sync.

Dan