[asterisk-dev] Building codec_gsm against Spandsp

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Feb 4 08:05:00 CST 2010

Steve Underwood wrote:

> I know people were in denial for ages, blaming GCC for being faulty, but
> I thought the GSM codec in the Asterisk was eventually fixed. The
> problem is just an error in embedded assembly language code, where the
> better optimiser in GCC 4.2 made there error show up for the first time.

That is correct; that fix has been in the Asterisk trees for quite some
time now. If the AstLinux team are building libgsm separately and not
using the source included with Asterisk, they'll need to incorporate the
same fix. For reference, the relevant revision in Asterisk trunk is 111857.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com