[asterisk-dev] Fwd: [svn-commits] tilghman: branch tilghman/malloc_hold-1.6.0 r244067 - in /team/tilghman/mallo...

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Feb 1 16:16:12 CST 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 15:36:15 Steve Murphy wrote:
> I just happened to see that ast_expr2f.c is modified, but see no
> corresponding changes to
> ast_expr2.fl... this probably not necessary, (didn't check other commits)

No, the C file was not compiling correctly in that branch, so recompiling from
the source was necessary.

> but just a reminder that the .c files are generated,
> and the changes should be made to the main/ast_expr2.fl file, and then let
> flex generate
> the .c file.... same reminder goes for the .y and .c files; but via bison
> instead. I realize this
> is part of some experiment, but the danger is getting things out of synch
> if were to actually
> commit this code, forgetting the relationships. And sometimes, getting the
> .c to look a particular
> way is a non-trivial task; something you won't want to feel rushed to do
> just after a merge...

Actually, we should be able to now regenerate that file at any time at all.
I've added some additional code to the source file, such that the resulting C
files should always be correct.  Note that there's now a REBUILD_PARSERS
define in menuselect, to trigger the rebuild, dependent upon having the
necessary featureset (not version) in bison.

--
Tilghman Lesher