[asterisk-dev] Service scripts for asterisk

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Fri Dec 31 03:40:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Alan Jones <skyphyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there anything special an asterisk service script needs to do?
> Or is just firing up the daemon and closing it enough?

Take a look at the existing contributed init scripts, as they might
give you some direction if your distribution isn't listed.  Here is an
SVN link for 1.8,  but the files should be under contrib/init.d/ in
the tar files as well.

http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/tags/1.8.1.1/contrib/init.d/

In custom packages that I have made, I use rc.redhat.asterisk and
modify it to not use safe_asterisk (I don't want it to automatically
restart as I have another watchdog to start/stop the service)

-Jonathan