[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] New Media Architecture phase 1 step 2 - Initial Translation Fixes

David Vossel reviewboard at asterisk.org
Thu Dec 23 19:28:19 UTC 2010

This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:

(Updated 2010-12-23 13:28:19.757383)

Review request for Asterisk Developers and Russell Bryant.


This update fixes a few minor issues I found while reviewing the previous patch and improves the translator cost table documentation.


For detailed information pertaining to this patch, please review the section of the Media Architecture document linked to below.


Phase 1 Step 2 items
-Define translation cost table.
-Replace current matrix algorithm with new matrix algorithm using predefined costs from table.
-Continue to use computational costs for tie breaking translators with identical src and dst formats.
-Create table for mapping format ids to matrix index values. This is required once the conversion from the format bit field representation to a numeric value takes place and will allow for a smoother transition.

In addition to the items listed above, I have also cleaned up and reorganized the cli "core show translation ... " function.  It was difficult to maintain, and this felt like a good opportunity to clean it up.

Diffs (updated)

  /trunk/include/asterisk/translate.h 299581 
  /trunk/main/asterisk.c 299581 
  /trunk/main/translate.c 299581 

Diff: https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1064/diff


Tested that translation table and paths are built correctly.
Made some test calls requiring translation, verified paths are still created and used correctly.



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/attachments/20101223/77fd12b0/attachment.htm>

More information about the asterisk-dev mailing list