[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Properly route responses according to the Via headers in the request

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Wed Dec 22 19:35:41 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 22 December 2010, Matthew Nicholson wrote:

> This patch makes asterisk respect the Via headers in a request when
> responding to the request. Without this patch, the request is always
> routed back to the address the initial request was received from (unless
> nat=yes).  This can cause problems if the initial request comes through
> a proxy and additional requests (such as INFO dtmf tones) come from a
> different proxy.

New version looks much better. One question remains though. You set the port
to the port in the Via, but if rport is present, it should be set to the
port from which the request originated. I tried to find other code in
chan_sip which overrides the port in case of rport, but couldn't find it.
Maybe rport handling should be included in your process_via function.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann