[asterisk-dev] 1.8 SIP deadlock on transfer using REFER

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Tue Dec 21 19:09:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> You might just be able to release the lock on the sip_pvt before
> checking if the parking spot is valid and then grab it back afterwards.

Looking a little farther down the code, I see that the lock is
released not to far below where the issue is happening.  By moving the
release up the issue disappeared.  I couldn't see any section of code
that directly needed the lock, and those that did were locking on
their own anyway.

Hopefully the new patch is close, if not acceptable to be merged.
This issue seems to be a block on 1.8 for those using Realtime
configuration for the dialplan.

-Jonathan