[asterisk-dev] Support of Mac OS X 10.4

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Dec 6 20:58:10 UTC 2010

One of our goals of the Asterisk Project is to support as many platforms
as possible.  To this end, we have support in Asterisk for Linux, FreeBSD,
OpenBSD, Solaris, and the latest version of Mac OS X, 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Up until now, we've also supported Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), but we've found
an issue in the dynamic library support on this version that looks like a show
stopper for us.  The question I have for the group is whether we need to
continue to support this older version of Mac OS X, or if it is fine to drop
support at this time.  Note that there are two major releases of OS X which
are still supported, 10.5 and 10.6, and it appears that 10.7 is not far from
release.  The library issue does not appear at this time to affect later
versions of OS X, and it does not seem to affect Asterisk 1.4.

So, can we drop OS X 10.4 (Tiger), or does somebody need this version to
continue to function for an extended period?

--
Tilghman Lesher