[asterisk-dev] downsampling slinear16 to ulaw (or alaw or g729)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Aug 31 12:52:05 CDT 2010

On 08/31/2010 11:55 AM, Paul Albrecht wrote:

> Ignore my previous post ... after I did some more testing the problem
> started again. What's strange is that it worked once after I recompiled
> and then the truncation occured for all subsequent runs of my test
> program. I'll submit a bug report this afternoon.

Heisenbugs like that are frequently caused by code not doing everything
required to ensure the environment is setup properly. For example, are
you ensuring that the frame structure and its data properly zeroed
before you begin filling them in and passing them to API calls? Are you
attempting to reuse the frame you get back from the translation process
without copying it?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com