[asterisk-dev] dahdi_device representation

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Sun Aug 29 23:49:15 CDT 2010

On Sunday, 29 בAugust 2010 08:59:21 Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> Would implementing something along the lines of what Tilghman suggested
> suffice?  If the goal is to prevent an unresponsive system, could we
> sleep for 5 milliseconds before returning ENODEV in order prevent the
> unresponsive system without affecting the lifetime of the sysfs objects?
>
> Something like the second attachment (just added) on
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17669?

Hmmm... nice workaround (I don't see any reason it won't work).

However, since it only hide the problem (and keep taxing the system)
I would go this route, only as part of an escalation scheme.

Each release should take us to the next stage, so we have hope to get
read of this stupidness in a year or two:
   1. msleep(5) to protect the guilty.
   2. msleep(5) + printk() to warn them.
   3. kill() + printk() to protect the public from the guilty  ;-)

[hmmm... 3 strikes? ]

Cheers,

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron