[asterisk-dev] ibgsm breakage exposed by gcc-4.2

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Aug 28 12:53:07 CDT 2010

  Regarding the interaction between libgsm and gcc 4.2 it continues to raise its ugly head.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17688

Steve suggests that the issue is with incorrect annotation with the asm sequence, and the optimization performed by gcc-4.2 breaks certain constraints that aren't called out specifically by the asm code's annotations.

Ultimately this patch can be backed out if the asm gets annotated correctly.  Don't know if any efforts are underway to investigate this more thoroughly, however.

If no one sees any issues with this, I'd like to request that we move to commit.

Thanks,

-Philip