[asterisk-dev] dahdi system.conf update

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Tue Aug 24 16:47:55 CDT 2010

  I'm looking at updating the dahdi config file to be closer in line
with asterisk's ini config files. I propose :

1) Creating a "section" for each span. Currently, span local
configuration lines are associated with the previous "span=" line. I
think spans as sections would divide the file nicely. As a follow on, we
can break everything in the "span=" line into separate parameters. This
seems more readable than our current parameters-as-positions-in-a-string
method. eg

     [global]
     loadzone = us
     defaultzone = us

     [span_1]
     timing_priority = 1
     framing = esf
     coding = b8zs

2) Assigning to each span a global channel number start point and
allowing all other channel configurations to be offsets from this. This
is to support our new sysfs additions, as we are moving the global
channel enumeration out into user-space. So for example, if we had two
spans we might see the following:

     [span_1]
     channel_start = 1
     bchan = 1-23
     dchan = 24
     # The global channels assigned to this span would be 1-24

     [span_2]
     channel_start = 25
     bchan = 1-23
     dchan = 24
     # The global channels assigned to this span would be 25-48

3) Adding a unique identifier and alias for each span. This will allow
us to switch from referencing global channel numbers to a span-relative
system. ie "span-alias/channel"

     [span_1]
     id = 0000:03:02.0:0 #<pci bus id>:<span>
     alias = telco
     # These channels could be referenced as "telco/<channel>"

     [span_2]
     id = 0000:03:02.0:1
     alias = office
     # These channels could be referenced as "office/<channel>"

--
Russ Meyerriecks
Digium | Linux Kernel Developer