[asterisk-dev] channel stay up when extension unreachable

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Tue Aug 24 05:21:26 CDT 2010

Anton Raharja schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> yup, not a bug at all, after rtptimeout=30 I got this:
> Disconnecting call 'SIP/888-00000000' for lack of RTP activity in 31 seconds
>
> thx
>
> One more question, if this is also normal and rtptimeout will resolve it:
> case 1: a call made from SIP to DAHDI and channel stay up even after SIP
> unrechable
> case 2: a call made from DAHDI fxs to DAHDI fxo and channel even after
> DAHDI fxs hangup by caller mistake
>
> anton

hello,

you could also use totaltimeout but this will also disconnect a call
which is still active.
But normally a dahdi channel will not run forever, cause the
service/person on the other side will disconnect the call after some
time of no activity.

maybe you could use a totaltimeout of 2 hours or some value you think
you will normally not reach.

best regards

steve