[asterisk-dev] Feature Request: Calling Party Category

Andre Valentin avalentin at marcant.net
Sat Aug 21 15:15:23 CDT 2010

Hi!

I've connected an asterisk system to our pbx. All calls are delivered
over a pri connection using QSIG to the old pbx. A minor problem is that
all calls are now signalized with the internal ringing tone. This does
not depend on TON or callerid. I've figured out that the pbx uses QSIG
Calling Party Category to tell asterisk if it's an external or internal
call.  So if I could set the Calling Party Category on asterisk, this
problem is fixed.
Is this easy to integrate? If yes, I need some hints or help on how to
do this.

Thanks in advance,

André