[asterisk-dev] excluding channels from asterisk use

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Aug 21 05:44:46 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 02:57:22PM +0500, Muhammad Ali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any config that would allow me to exclude some channels from
> asterisk use ?
>
> I want asterisk to lock only channels from 17 to 31 (b-channels), obv 16th
> (d-channel) would be required. But i dont want asterisk to mark 1-15
> channels as busy , so i may use em in my userspace application.
>
> if its not possible through configs, where do i need to patch in the source
> to achieve this ?

A DAHDI channel is opened exclusively by a single process.

If you want to use them in a different application, just don't open them
in Asterisk.

  ;channels => 1-15
  channels => 17-31

However, if the line is PRI, you should note that Asterisk also
implicitly uses (opens) the D-channel.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com