[asterisk-dev] Patch required for 1.4 to 1.6 hangup "regression"

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Aug 20 05:37:16 CDT 2010

The following scenario worked correctly on Asterisk 1.4, but not 1.6:

- Caller calls in via a normal channel such as SIP.

- The call is routed to a FastAGI daemon.

- The FastAGI plays a calling card login and destination menu.

- The FastAGI does the following to make the outbound call:

	EXEC Dial "Local/<destination>@outbound/n,3600,oH"

- When the caller is finished with this outbound call, they can press *
to return to the destination menu to make another outbound call.

On Asterisk 1.6, rather than being returned to the destination menu, the
caller is disconnected completely. From our point of view this feels
like a regression, but Digium support says that the 1.6 behaviour is
considered valid so is not actually a regression.

Would anyone have a patch to make 1.6 behave like 1.4? If not, would
anyone be interested in writing such a patch? We're willing to pay if
necessary.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111