[asterisk-dev] Queue stats resetting on reload. Trying to engage the community...

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Tue Aug 17 03:36:14 CDT 2010

Op 17-08-10 00:29, Russell Bryant schreef:
> On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 11:27 -0500, Mark Michelson wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 17:51 +0200, Ron Arts wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At the moment in 1.6.x and 1.8 beta, a queue reload clears the queue stat counters.
>>> I put in a bug report about that, and provided a patch, but it was rejected,
>>> because it seems to be expected behaviour as per comments by russellb.
>>>
>>> When warlock52 reported this as a bug a few days ago, pabelanger suggested to
>>> involve the community. So that's what I'm doing now.
>>>
>>> Is it to be expected that the queue stats are cleared when a CLI queue reload
>>> is issued? I do reloads during the day, and my customers do not appreciate
>>> the per-agent call counters, and last call time etc being cleared, because
>>> it immediately affects their queue processing.
>>>
>>> What is the reason this is implemented this way?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ron
>>>

>> When the "queue reload" command was added in 1.6.2, the idea was to make
>> it behave the same way as the command "module reload app_queue.so" from
>> previous versions. That command reset statistics, and so the new command
>> did the same.
>>
>> Now as to why it worked that way prior to 1.6.2...your guess is as good
>> as mine there. How did your proposed patch work? If it just
>> unequivocally turned off stat resetting during a reload, it makes sense
>> why it would be rejected since there may be those who rely on such
>> behavior and changing it mid-release is a bad idea. One idea that could
>> be looked into would be to add a qualifier to the end of the "queue
>> reload" command that indicates that you do not wish to also be resetting
>> the statistics. Even so, I'm not sure that would make it into 1.6.2
>> though.
>
> I'm confused.  I thought the changes that went into 1.6.2 were to make
> it no longer reset the stats on a reload.  There is a new CLI command,
> "queue reset stats" that I thought was added to separate the reload
> operation from the stats reset.
>
> So, based on how I thought things worked, I would _NOT_ expect the stats
> to be reset on a reload (after Asterisk 1.4, that is).  I would expect
> that to only occur when the CLI command specifically for resetting stats
> was invoked.
>
> If the module is still resetting the stats, then it's a bug in my mind.
> I would be all for changing that behavior for Asterisk 1.8, at a
> minimum.

Thank you. I think this should be a bugfix for 1.6.x as well, as there is
a bugreport against this version too.
I reopened https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17535 as that is the
entry which contains my patch. Can we continue discussion there?

Ron

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer