[asterisk-dev] IPv4 and IPv6 preference

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Aug 9 09:27:13 CDT 2010

30 jul 2010 kl. 09.31 skrev Simon Perreault:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote, on 07/29/2010 10:32 PM:
>> I set bindaddr to :: and now Asterisk 1.8 ONLY listens to IPv6.
>
> How can you tell?
> Did you disable IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses system-wide?
> Are you on OpenBSD?
Now I get it, it doesn't show as listening to IPv4 in netstat on Linux. That's bad.
So any app that listens to :: will get IPv4 too. I did not understand that.
I just did

$ netstat -nla | grep 5060

udp        0      0 :::5060                     :::*

and only found one listening port, which is correct. But the assumption that this port was only IPv6 because of the address shown was wrong. My error. Hmmm.

>> How do I enable option "d" ?
>
> What is option "d"?
You had a, b, c and d....

Ok, I'll continue.