[asterisk-dev] syncing over zaptel /dev/channel

Muhammad Ali enigma.ali at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 05:06:01 CDT 2010

Hi,

Any suggestions for if i want to sync my write and read over /dev/channel
interface on different devices ?

[dev 1]<==== E1 ====>[dev 2]

[dev 1] initiates write , [dev 2] is reading a buffer of size 2039 over and
over again. when it sees the preamble inserted by [dev 1] it considers it a
valid data start otherwise discards the buffer received. Max data that can
travel in the buffer of size 2039 is 1500 bytes. I am unable to use any
software syncing to achieve a sync between my write and reads.

any suggestions ?

Actually what am trying to do is, getting my ethernet traffic to be ported
over tdm link (e1).
So first of all,
1- is it possible in user-space ?
2- if it is, plz guide me to some reference or help me out :)
3- any suggestions if its already implemented and available.
4- i do have asterisk on my blackfin if that helps .

i have tried zaptel ioctls as described in zaptel-base.c but none of em
works as it shud if i call it from my user-space program.

Ehternet over TDM ... how hard can it be ? :P help me out ?

BR.
Ali

--
ALi...