[asterisk-dev] sip reload and autopeers

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Aug 4 04:25:54 CDT 2010

On 100731 0707, Leif Madsen wrote:
> On 7/29/2010 2:49 PM, Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson wrote:
>> I have many autoregistered SIP peers (autocreatepeer=yes) that are
>> immediately dropped when I am reloading sip.conf.
>
> Sounds like autocreatepeer doesn't cache users upon reload. This would
> be similar to having rtcache=no enabled when using realtime. I'm not
> sure if this is a bug or a feature :)  Sounds like we might need an
> autocreatepeercache=[yes|no] option, in which case this would be a
> feature request.

I have a patch that adds the third choice to
autocreatepeer=[no|yes|durable]. I am going to submit it after a few
days in production to verify there are no ill side effects. Questions:

1. Is `durable' a good name for it? Not sure I like it.
2. I was going to update sip.conf.sample and learned that the option
    autocreatepeer is not documented at all. SHOULD it be documented?
    The feature is an awful security risk in itself if used improperly.

Thanks,

  -kkm