[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 and MP3 code?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Aug 2 14:50:51 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 12:24:18PM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>   On 8/2/10 11:25 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 12:26:50PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> >
> >> Well, it's Russell's call to make, and he's on vacation today, but that
> >> strategy could certainly work; we could move the 'mpglib' stuff to our
> >> thirdparty repository.
> > That said, I noticed that the Debian package (of asterisk-addons 1.6.2)
> > does not use the system copy of libmpg123 (from mpg123, originally). I
> > guess this is a related issue.
> >

> Anyone else see this as a reason to do out-of-tree builds of certain modules?

Asterisk-addons (that is: <= 1.6.2) builds out of tree.

There are a number of other out-of-tree packages we have to build,
anyway. It has generally worked well.

It is normally rather trivial to create a simple makefile that will
build a single Asterisk module. If all you want is to build format_mp3.c
out of the Asterisk tree, I don't mind helping you with that.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com