[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 and MP3 code?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Aug 2 07:18:53 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Tilghman Lesher <tlesher at digium.com> wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2010 01:52:15 Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>
> By default, the addons code is not compiled as a module in Asterisk.  You
> would need to explicitly enable its compilation (through 'make menuselect') if
> you wanted to use it.  Does this really present a problem, since the modules
> are not enabled by default?

Yes, the mere presence of the MP3 code in the tarball would mean that
I would need to unpack the tarball, remove the MP3 code, and repack
the tarball before I uploaded it to the Fedora buildsystem.

I had to do the same for the iLBC codec even though you could disable
it at compile time.

--
Jeff Ollie