[asterisk-dev] Proposal for T.38 transparent gateway design in Asterisk

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Thu Apr 29 16:02:13 CDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> but who cares about modem
> support over VoIP anyway?

I certainly don't,  but I know of a certain German DECT handset provider that allows their IP DECT basestations to send SMS over DECT via a modem call (using SIP+G.711) to an SMS provider. I thankfully have never received complaints about it not working, although years ago I had a customer claiming it worked with a similar basestation connect via an ATA.

--
Andreas
Who absolutely hates everything to do with fax and modem, especially related to VoIP