[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Fix error handling in the recent freenum-in-a-can commit (issue 17263)

Philip A. Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Apr 29 13:52:50 CDT 2010

I noticed recently when I misdialed that the error handling extension
wasn't being hit:

same => n(dial),Dial(SIP/${isnresult},40)
same => n,Goto(fn-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => _fn-.,1,NoOp(ISN: ${DIALSTATUS})

This was cloned from the existing [stdexten] example, which used:

exten => _stdexten-.,1,Goto(stdexten-NOANSWER,1)	; Treat anything else as no answer

Seems that 'n' and 'x' (and 'z') match the same patterns as their
uppercase counterparts (which I've not seen documented, but I could have
missed something).

Filed the following:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17263

Anyway, this patch (below) fixes the patterns.

Please review.

Also, the syntax:

exten => _stde[x]te[n]-.,1,Goto(stdexten-NOANSWER,1)

is a bit clunky.  I'd like to suggest allowing '\' to be used for
forcing literal interpretation, just as is used elsewhere in dialplans
(such as for $CUT, etc.).

Anyone want to comment on making this change to trunk?