[asterisk-dev] Proposed changes to Originate Action [Issue: 0017221]

Ryan Bullock rrb3942 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:25:15 CDT 2010

It does not help with this case, as the channel returned is from the
same functions as the old one.

If you watch the manager events after doing an originate with a local
channel you will see the local channel get renamed to the appropriate
tech/data channel. It makes sense that the functions creating the call
cannot determine the end device and technology for a local channel, as
a the dialplan could end in any number of ways, depending on runtime
variables.