[asterisk-dev] Bugs/patches 16033 and 16590 ignored forever

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Sun Apr 25 04:03:03 CDT 2010

On 100420 1349, Leif Madsen wrote:
> Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson wrote:
>> If, however, I file a bug *and* supply the fix, I am excluded from the
>> testing pool.
>
> Why are you excluded from the testing pool? Presumably you have tested the patch
> you've submitted and it works.

It was my impression that the reason my bug fix sits in the queue for 7
months is that no one tested it, i. e. it should be tested by someone
other but the developer. I do not remember why and where I developed
that (apparently wrong) understanding.

If I can test it myself, well, it works non-stop on production servers
which took a few hundred thousand calls since it was applied...

Do you know why is it sitting in the queue then? I am baffled.

>> It is true that in the first case I am likewise excluded from the dev
>> pool: I can be only one resource in relation to one bug report.
>
> Why? Being a developer doesn't preclude you from being a tester.

When I submitted bugs, they were fixed by somebody. They asked for my
confirmation, and the fixes went in as soon as I confirmed them. I
*thought* there was a causal relation: developer fixes a bug, then
reporter tests the fix, then the tested fix is committed. Again, is my
understanding wrong?

  -kkm