[asterisk-dev] Sorry for late response - dialstring changes and SRV support

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:45:48 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

> A channel variable is not a good solution, because it is nearly
> impossible to use for a Dial() that dials multiple peers at once. The
> information must be part of the dial string to be able to be associated
> with a specific outbound channel (dialog).

In Freeswitch they have a way to set a channel variable specifically on a
certain outbound channel. (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables)
The actual syntax seems a bit ugly to me (you put "[variable=value]" before
each channel), but it would solve this particular problem, and is probably
generally useful. So you might consider adding something like that into
asterisk.