[asterisk-dev] Exceptionally long voice queuing

Timothy Rodriguez timothy.rodriguez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 16:30:12 CDT 2010

I've been building a conferencing app leveraging Ami local channels and
confbridge that plays pre recorded media into a conference.

To playback, I've been creating a local channel to a playback app (carrying
the file name as a channel variable) and then setting the exten to the
confbridge via Ami. However, I've noticed if I do enough playbacks
(espeially one after the other) I get the following error:

WARNING[5918]: channel.c:1038 __ast_queue_frame: Exceptionally long voice
queue length queuing to Local/1 at playback-68a9;1

Any thoughts on what might be causing this. I'm suspicious it's the use of
local channels to originate the call. Since Id think this would get picked
up with all the use of asterisk as an ivr.

-Tim