[asterisk-dev] Broken SIP dialog if INFO messages received before final OK

Karl H. Putz karl.putz at khptel.com
Thu Apr 15 22:33:34 CDT 2010

Has anyone run into the following all with appropriate ACK where
required:

-Audiocodes gateway receives incoming TDM call and invites to Asterisk
-Asterisk invites to appropriate station
-Additional digits received at originating gateway passed through to
Asterisk as SIP INFO
-Station answers, sends 200 OK
-Asterisk sends 200 OK back to originating gateway BUT - the OK
message does not contain any Contact Header

The gateway logs that the dialog is missing the required Contact
Header and immediately sends a BYE.  Double checking the RFC confirms
that the 2XX response to an INVITE requires the Contact Header.  I can
reproduce the issue consistently if I force digits any time before the
destination station answers.  If there are no digits before answer,
the final OK back to the Audiocodes gateway contains the Contact Header.

I have already worked around the issue in my application by adjusting
the Audiocodes to send digits via 2833.
I was not certain if this was a known issue as my searches did not hit
on anything very similar to this scenario.
Should a bug should be submitted?   Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Karl

Karl H. Putz
(614)571-0899