[asterisk-dev] Full implementation for Call-Waiting

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 15 12:48:29 CDT 2010

Harel Cohen wrote:

> How can I implement a full-featured Call-Waiting behavior on the
> Asterisk level (e.g. I don't want to relay on end-equipment capabilities)?
>
> I found it very strange that such a basic feature is not built-in in
> Asterisk (and I've googled a lot in search for this).

It is built into Asterisk, for endpoints that can't handle multiple
calls themselves (like analog phones). For endpoints that can handle
multiple calls, there is no benefit to Asterisk offering any such
functionality, as it could only be harder for the end user to use than
the native functionality of the phone itself.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com