[asterisk-dev] GSoC2010: Complete the ast_storage project for voicemail

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Apr 14 10:54:06 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 17:42:03 John Khvatov wrote:
> June 28 - July 5. Redesign voicemail.cfg.
> * create desing of voicemail.conf for flexible configuring

I think a redesign of the configuration file is not in the cards.  Certainly,
you'll need to add some options to allow individual mailboxes to have
storage methods independent of the default, and of course, also to specify
the defaults, but the configuration file after your changes should be
completely backwards compatible with the existing configuration file.

Yes, it would be nice if we could specify mailbox options in somewhat of a
less arcane method, and if you want to do that, that's certainly a possible
future project, but you'd need to ensure that the legacy format remains
compatible.  It's rather a large project, in itself, especially to ensure that
you don't introduce any regressions, and I think you have more than enough
to do without complicating it in this way.

Otherwise, I think your schedule is on-target.

--
Tilghman Lesher