[asterisk-dev] Playing a Message into the ConfBridge App

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Apr 13 08:24:33 CDT 2010

----- "Timothy Rodriguez" <timothy.rodriguez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is chan_bridge an extension app or AMI call?  Judging by the name
> it's
> a channel type. Can I do something like Bridge/${EXTEN} in the
> dialplan.

chan_bridge is a channel view of a Bridge. Audio written in goes into
the bridge and audio read out comes from the bridge. It provides a
mechanism for things that are using the bridging API to use existing
Asterisk dialplan applications to do things with the bridge. Not having
chan_bridge would mean that none of those could be used and also means that
the bridging API would have to provide some additional ways to send and receive
audio from the bridge. It just wasn't practical to do that when all the pieces
were already there and just needed to be hooked together.

Now as for your question about doing something like Bridge/${EXTEN} you can't
do that. I'm afraid that chan_bridge has really no idea of what bridges exist
and even if it did bridges have no unique identifier, that's up to whatever is
using them (for example app_confbridge uses a string for a name).

If you're using app_confbridge then my suggestion would be to use chan_local
on one side which executes ConfBridge and then execute an application on it.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer