[asterisk-dev] Playing a Message into the ConfBridge App

Timothy Rodriguez timothy.rodriguez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:40:39 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I've been doing some dev work to make a conferencing app in asterisk
utilizing the new conf app in 1.6.2 and ami and agi. The trouble is I
want to play a file to all the participants in the call and, ideally,
have playback controls such as stop and forward or reverse.  It would
be even better if I could bridge in a background agi script.

I tried briding in an extension which maps to a playback function or
an agi script. But this doesn't work as the extensions aren't proper
channels.

I can't seem to find a way to implement this. Any ideas?

I saw the old meetme seemed to support this. But I wanted to use the
new app which does not have zaptel dependencies.

-Tim