[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Fix descriptor (and structure reference) leak when call is hungup before answer

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Apr 1 12:51:04 CDT 2010

On Thursday 01 April 2010 11:04:32 santosh chintalwar wrote:
> As the main objective of this case is to check the Call Processor asterisk
> is having any memory leak or left any file descriptor open (in our case RTP
> ports)
>
> We can check the memory usage of the astersk with the *TOP* command in
> asterisk.
> and also checks the open files with *lsof* command.

The problem with all tests is that you must be able to verify the test with
common tools that are available on all the standard platforms, which
consist of Linux 2.6 32-bit i386, Linux 64-bit x86_64, Mac OS X 10.4,
Mac OS X 10.6, OpenBSD 4.6, FreeBSD 7.3.  The tools that you use
must have common output and be machine-parseable.  The command
"top" alone is not machine parseable, nor does it have common output
on all of those platforms.

--
Tilghman Lesher