[asterisk-dev] Run extension script on SIP peer registration

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Sep 30 02:49:40 CDT 2009

Is my understanding correct that currently there is no way to get any
reaction to a SIP peer registration, e. g. add the newly registered peer
into a queue, other than through an external AMI process?

If I am not missing something and this is correct, do you think that
invoking an extension script on such events would be too hacky an
approach to the problem? (practically, with ast_pbx_outgoing_*() in the
name of a Local channel). Seems to me very flexible: one can use
applications, call AGI, whatever. But I should say I am very
inexperienced in Asterisk internals to make a good architectural
decision here. Any downside in that approach? Any better solution you
would think of?

  -kkm