[asterisk-dev] qeustion about app_dial.c do_forward function getting the forwarding peer

Mon Sep 28 06:04:18 CDT 2009

Stefan Schmidt schrieb:
> hi klaus,
>
> thanks for your patch, ive testet it and everything works fine.
>
> does this patch also will come to the next 1.6.1 version or does i have
> to patch it again?

The patch will be reviewed by admins which decide if it will be added.
The implementation uses channel variables to copy the information from
the initial outgoing channel to the new outgoing channel. Sometimes,
patches which use channel variables are rejected due to bad design. So,
maybe this patch goes to trunk, but I guess it wont get into Asterisk <=
1.6.2.

regards
klaus

PS: Although I would consider SIPTRANSFER_REFERER as a bug (as it is
absolutely unreliable) and thus i needs to be fixed.