[asterisk-dev] Fwd: [Code Review] New application JabberReceive

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Sep 27 04:35:05 CDT 2009

25 sep 2009 kl. 17.41 skrev Philippe Sultan:

> Hi Olle!
>
> As for sending text, we already have SendText as Jeff pointed it out.
Yes, and we might want to change SendText to handle other formats,
like HTML and other charsets.

> The proposed code implements SendText for XMPP based voice channels
> (chan_jingle and chan_gtalk).
>
> But JABBER_RECEIVE seems a good starting point towards a future
> generic recv_text channel tech function.
THen we should rename it and create a generic structure. Anything
committed seems to stay forever.

THe main question is if we want to implement these sorts of commands
in the dialplan and if so - how?
We have no event-driven structure. Do we want one? Is that a better
solution?

We could trigger a context for incoming text events in the dial()
command and handle them in the dialplan during a bridged call.

Your example here is for stuff that goes on before or without a
bridge. Will dialplan developers understand that textreceive() only
works in that case and that messages received during a bridge will be
forwarded to the bridge instead? Should we have a filter capability,
so that we can have a bot active during a call to listen to commands
like

/transfer exten at context

/hold <musicclass>

/join #asterisk-bugs

I think that this particular dialplan application requires us to think
a bit more before we carve it in stone and add it to released code.
This will affect at least SIP, SKYPE, XMPP and maybe even a mobile/
bluetooth channel. For SIP we have both MESSAGE and T.140/Realtime
text support to handle. We already have a multiprotocol issue here,
even though you where the first to attempt to handle this in the
dialplan :-)

/O