[asterisk-dev] Explicitly set CallerID is lost

dimas at dataart.com dimas at dataart.com
Fri Sep 25 02:56:26 CDT 2009

Hello.
Could someone please explain the idea what Asterisk does with CallerID of call legs when originating a call with AMI I have issue that MeetMe conference basically ignores CallerID explicitly set in dialplan one line above calling MeetMe, More precisely, the CallerID id not ignored but it seem that it gets replaced with the one of the second call leg. I believe this issue is caused by local channels and masquerading.

context c1 {

        user => {
                Dial(SIP/1001,10);
        };

        conf => {
                CALLERID(num) = "9999";
                CALLERID(name) = "Test name";
                MeetMe(1234,d);
        };
}

In the CLI I do

originate Local/user at c1 extension conf at c1

answer the call on 1001 softphone. I expect to see 9999 Test name in the meetme. However:

*CLI> meetme list 1234
User #: 01         user <no name>            Channel: SIP/1001-09abf998    (unmonitored) 00:00:24
1 users in that conference.

Note the callerid is lost. After adding some debug information I found that inside MeetMe the callerid is correct right before ast_streamfile which plays you are the only person in the conference and incorrect right after that ast_streamfile. I do not really understand logic why this happens but it seems like bug to me.

Could someone shed some light please? Should I fill it on bugtracker or it is just some kind of misunderstanding on my side?

Regards.
Dmitry Andrianov