[asterisk-dev] Need help about transmit_bearer_capability

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Sep 15 04:51:37 CDT 2009

Hello,

I try to understand in libpri's q931.c the function

static FUNC_SEND(transmit_bearer_capability)
i.e. static int transmit_bearer_capability(int full_ie, struct pri ...

I want to understand the return value. It seams, the function's return
value is two more than the the number of bytes, it explicitely sets.

I assume, this is some sort of reserveration for a record delimiter
or similar. Since I did not yet find, from where this function is
called, I could not yet check, what is done with this return value.
(Propably this function is called implicitely, taking the values
from an array of IE fields.)

It seams, that Cisco routers do reject calls from our system due
to the bearer capability sent by our (asterisk based) router.
That's why I would like to play with theses bytes and would like
to understand a little bit more.

Regards,
Roger Schreiter.