[asterisk-dev] [Asterisk 0014810]: [patch] channel-specific hangupcauses

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 11 05:35:51 CDT 2009

11 sep 2009 kl. 12.29 skrev Marcus Hunger:

> I can't see how a little addon to chan_sip would break asterisk's
> architecture. Though being a multi protocol platform, asterisk has a
> lot of protocol specific features. None of them breaking the
> concept. I do not suggest to replace asterisk's traditional cause
> codes, but to add the possibility to set more specific protocol
> specific codes when needed.
>
> I still remember discussions about this and I also remember that I
> was not the only one requesting that feature. Sorry for being so
> persistent on this one.
>
> Anyway. You suggested another approach to achieve that goal. Do you
> think it's realistic? I am not sure if I understood it right, but
> wouldn't custom codes break compatibility with other channel drivers?

Well, we need to sort that out, it was an idea. If you're sending
something unexpected to chan_sip we might behave the same way across
board...

Or have a translation table saying "I really mean this for other
channels" so you do hangup(customcode) in the dialplan and we'll send
891 to chan_sip and ISDN cause YYY to the rest of the bunch.
That way, you have one cause to set in the dialplan, not one for every
channel you use.

/O